Foil Packet Trick | 365 Anew: Foil Packet Trick

Pages

6.18.2014

Foil Packet Trick




Groan.
Grunt.
Sigh.  Double Sigh.
These are often noises you'll hear from me when I start interacting with foil packet samples.  While I LOVE, Love, LOVVVVE to sample new products and do just about anything to score some, I really loose my mind trying to get product out of these.  After you have fought with that innocent "tear here" mark and have manically searched for scissors, you find that you end up with time wastes, product everywhere, and perhaps have pitched that sample.

Ready for some good news?  The solution is simple and will help you fall in love with these frequent freebies.


I like my solutions simple, materials need minimal, and cost low.  So here you just need your sample and a straight pin.  I imagine a push pin would do in a pinch although you will lose a bit of your control.

All you need to do is simply slide the straight pin into the foil packet making sure not to pierce through both sides.


 This creates a tiny hole to squeeze product through giving you complete control on the amount used.  Gone are the days you have wasted sample with a big squeeze or have sticky product on the edge of a packet tempting you to pitch the mess. It also keeps air from getting into the packet helping the shelf life your sample!  I've gotten weeks out of open packets with no change to the consistency of primers, gels, moisturizers, or foundations!


I love using the trick because I truly get every last drop of sample out and typically more uses out of that tiny foil packet.  Plus if I am traveling with a packet (I know who would subject themselves to such madness), I can just wrap it in tissue and I barely get any leakage.  To me that is quite a happy ending to the once villain in my beauty sampling story.

I hope you can use this trick to bring back a little love for these foil freebies.
xo Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.