June Birchbox | 365 Anew: June Birchbox

Pages

6.25.2014

June Birchbox

I know, I'm almost late on this post!  It's amazing how these summer days just get eaten up by little things.  So as I wait for my oil change to be finished up, let's talk Birchbox this June.

Many months get cute themes and June was all about "Away We Go"
Personally this just reminds me that I'm staying put this summer, which is not my norm, but I was excited to see what items they thought would be good travel buddies.



Do you find these items travel essentials? Other than their handy size, I'm not sure they top my list matching the theme, but I am excited.  Which am I most excited by???  Glad you asked ;)


#1 Cynthia Rowley Creamy Lip Stain.
I have been eyeing Cynthia Rowley products for a while now.  I can't get enough of that adorable packaging so you can imagine how thrilled I was when I discovered this goodie in my box.  It happened to be my last sample pulled out.  The color is fun and bright making it a perfect summer pick.

#2 Evologie Stay Clear Cleanser.
I'm a cleanser junkie.  I've yet to discover that one face wash that just blows my socks off making me curious and a bit "too" excited to get a new one ;)  I'm even more excited since this wash is all about getting rid of those pesky break outs.  As much as I hate to admit it, my skin hasn't been to happy with me as of late, so maybe Birchbox box will have given me a solution.  Fingers crossed.

#3 Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect.
Birchbox appears to have decided my favorite brand is Number 4.  It seems every box I have a sample from them, which is starting to feel a bit excessive.  That being said, this is a useful product to get especially during summer.  My poor hair needs all the protection it can get from all this sun.

The other samples didn't make my top list for a few reasons.  I actually have a full sized and sample of Benefit's they're real mascara.  I was a bit surprised with this sample since it has made it's way around the beauty world for a few years now.  Don't get me wrong, I will definitely use it up but I would have preferred a something different from the amazing brand of Benefit.  Regarding the fragrance, it's alright.  I'm quite picky about smells and prefer clean scents.  Once again this is my second month in a row receiving a fragrance sample.

Just in case you're wondering, here is Birchbox's write up on my samples this June:

Overall this was pretty good month.  If I gave it a grade (since I am a teacher) I think it would a B- mostly due to all the repeat brands and product types.  I received a sample from Cynthia Rowley last month as well as Number 4 Hair.  Oh and it looks like my July box is repeating another set of products: Cynthia Rowley Lip Stain and Ruffian Nail Polish!  With so many duplicates and twins, I'm starting to wonder if Birchbox is worth the money.  I am looking for some variety and don't hate repeat brands, but they shouldn't ever be in back to back boxes.

There you have it!  My thoughts on June's Birchbox.  Hope your day is filled with sunshine :)
xo Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.